Wednesday, November 28, 2012

An Introduction




I'm Lauren but you may know me as cakewalkqueen. I am 25 and live in the Dallas area with my husband and cocker spaniel, Daisy. We bought our first house in 2011 and it has been such a fun experience. I'm a native New Mexican and while I love living in Texas, nothing can compare to green chile and crisp mountain air. 

The "creepy dolls" you may see around on my various social sites are Blythe dolls which I got into in 2008. While I only have 4 now, I've owned a total of 30 since I started collecting. I see them as little travelers so when they don't fit in here, I send them on their way to make room for another. All of the talented people on my friends page have been met through Blythe and I highly encourage checking out their shops/blogs! 

When I started collecting Blythe dolls, I had no idea it would unlock a desire to craft. I've always loved expressing my creative side (I was the kid in high school with weird chopped up clothing) but never had an interest in knitting, sewing, etc. Blythe changed all that and I've since taught myself to knit, crochet, and sew. I'm definitely not an authority but I'm all about trying new things. 

I'm also quite a nerd and enjoy Doctor Who, Harry Potter, Firefly, Sherlock... and the list goes on! Reading has always been my favorite pastime and while I'm an extrovert, I love the solitude the comes with getting lost in a book. I've played Nerd Wars on Ravelry but I'm currently into HPKCHC (Harry Potter Knit Crochet House Cup). It's a creative competition with Harry Potter role-play involved and I couldn't love it more!

I don't have any specific plans for this blog, so it's going to be a little of whatever pops into my head. 

portrait by tinysea
photo layout by pugly pixel

No comments:

Post a Comment