Friday, November 9, 2012

Mixed Tape Mitts Pattern


Knit Picks Chroma Worsted in Mix Tape.... I have been in love with this yarn since I first saw it. The colorway was my favorite of all the Chroma yarns and sadly, it's now discontinued. I did manage to get myself one lovely ball that I've been holding onto for the right pattern. Unfortunately, I never found that pattern! Since I'm ahead on my Christmas knitting, I thought I'd make myself something so I whipped these mitts up.



This is a very basic pattern and it is assuming you already know how to knit and work basic (ribbing and stockinette) stitches. Please let me know if you have an issues with it! This is also on Ravelry under the same name so if you make them, I'd love to have it added to your projects. This is my first pattern I've ever released so be gentle. ;)

These mitts are worked flat and then seamed up the sides. I do have small hands (6.75 inches) and knit tightly, so you may need to cast on more stitches. 


Mixed Tape Mitts
Needle: Size 7
Yarn: Knit Picks Chroma Worsted (or any worsted yarn)
Gauge: 5 sts per inch


CO 34 (or add sts in multiples of 2)
Rows 1-8: k1p1 ribbing
Rows 9-35: work stockinette stitch
Rows 36-44: k1p1 ribbing
Bind off loosely
Sew sides (leaving gap for thumb) and weave in ends.
Bow: CO 13, work ss for 9 rows, bind off and block. Wrap center with scrap yarn. Center on the top of mitt (at the bottom) and sew on. 

Yay! I hope you all find that easy enough and again, if you make this, I'd love to see the results! 


No comments:

Post a Comment