Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!


First off, Happy New Year! I have so many plans for this blog in 2013 that I can't wait to share. All in good time, though! Above are the things I want to work on this year; not necessarily resolutions but goals.

Fair Isle - I love the look of stranded colorwork and I have several projects lined up that should be good for practicing my tension.

Knit a Garment - I've been knitting for about 4.5 years now and have yet to venture into knit clothing. This will be my year! There are tons of garments in my Ravelry queue just waiting to be knit.

Dye More Yarn - I didn't do a whole lot of this last year and I'd like to fix that. It's so much fun and I love having unique yarn.

Doilies - Yes, the granny kind. I have a fascination with their delicate lace work and I would like to make something bigger than a Christmas ornament (which is the biggest I've made so far).

Finish a 365 Project - Ha. This has been my goal for the past 2 years... The photo a day lists that popped up last year really helped me and I think I made it to April. This year, I'll be putting up my daily photo on Instagram and will also have a weekly round-up here on the blog.

Serve More - This has been heavy on my heart lately and I want to give of my abilities to those less fortunate. Whether it's monthly donating to our local food pantry or making handknits for those in need, I feel like I'm not doing enough.

Keep Up With Blogging - This goes along with the 365 in terms of being on the list before. ;)

Fit Into My Skinny Jeans - I bought 3 pairs of adorable skinny jeans (red, mustard, and dark denim) from Old Navy back in the fall (only $15 each!) and sadly, I've only squeezed into one pair a couple of times. Walking and eating better it is! Which, really is more of a getting healthier thing because holy crap am I out of shape.

So that's it! I think all of these are very doable and nothing is crazy to ask of myself. Considering how much stuff I make a month, I should knock the knit and crochet goals out pretty quickly.

Be sure to check back later this week when I'll be posting about a fun knit-a-long I'll be taking part in!


frames: kitschy digitals
linen fabric: kitschy digitals
starburts: pugly pixel
confetti: pugly pixel
embroidery brushes: pugly pixel
fonts: ribbon, learning curve dashed, home sweet home

2 comments:

  1. This is a terrific goals list. When you make doilies, what technique do you use? I have often admired them at thrifts but haven't ever made any myself. I've also been thinking about doing more good-cause knitting/crafting - if you see any opportunities out there that look good, please share them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I just find a pattern on Ravelry I like. Most are done with crochet thread and a size 7 steel hook.

      Delete