Friday, July 12, 2013

Adventures in Blythe Knitting

While planning our raffle donation for Blythecon this year with Wendy (of tinysea), I had a perfect dress in mind. I wanted it to have a solid bodice with cables down the skirt in a cream color. After lots and lots of tries and ripping out rows, I settled on a lace pattern that gave me just the look I wanted. Originally, I thought it turned out kinda bad in the back so I decided that I'd make another for BC and keep this one. I tossed it in some kool-aid, which I always use to dye my yarn, and I absolutely love the way it turned out!

Before, trying to decide on colors.

It came out WAY brighter than I was imagining and the camera has a hard time picking up the color. It's a nice orange-red in the center that fades into a darker red around the edges. After the dress dried from the dye bath, I realized the back was just fine. One vintage flower bead later and this dress is perfect. I'm hoping to knit some more of these in some custom ooak colors (dyed my me) to put in my shop in August.

Wendy is making an apple hat to go with my (new) dress. If you want a chance to win, you'll have to buy a ticket at Blythecon in October! I'll be posting once I get the hand dyed dresses for my shop ready!


  1. ah, i adore that doll! i love the hair!

    lindsey louise

  2. Ha ha! Cuuuute! I've always wanted a Blythe doll! This is super cute indeed. Great post and very cute blog. I just discovered it... following along now!