Hides in shame
As ever, I'm crafting away so I thought I'd do a recap of some of the things I've made over the past few months. In September, I finished up my third Rikke Hat for a swap with Jess of Milky Robot. I used some Knit Picks Chroma that was bought on a Black Friday sale. It's a one of a kind color and I love the way it turned out!
Also in September, I made a pair of Jane Richmond's Mitten Cuffs out of Malabrigo Chunky in Mariposa. This is one of my favorite colorways and I love the way the double seed stitch shows it off. However, the finish project filled me with so much rage, I gifted them so I wouldn't have to see them. I had to restart these 4 times because they kept coming out too big for my tiny hands and then by the time I was done with them, I was just over it. They look pretty though and their new owner is now a member of the Cult of Malabrigo. ;)
I spun some yarn inspired by Arthur Weasley. It's bulky weight and single ply, which was my first time doing an unplied single. I think it turned out ok but it's definitely over-twisted in some spots.
I also finished plying some yarn I started at the end of July (yikes!) from Wool Pack from Spun Right Round. It's 237 yards of fingering weight, 2-ply and I call it Every Flavor Beans.
In October, I donated two items to a charity auction put on by my friend Molly of Hello Doll Face to raise money for the domestic violence support agency she works for. The mitts were a test knit of a pattern that I don't think has been released (which is sad because they are cute!) they are in Brown Sheep Lanaloft in Garland and the hat is Jane Richmond's Autumn made with Knit Picks Wool of the Andes Bulky in Turmeric.
I also made a wand for my Hermione cosplay (more on that later) that was turned in for Potions homework in the HPKCHC and it won a trophy! I made it out of a wooden dowel, paper, wire, and hot glue. Plus paint, of course. I was really happy with how it turned out and felt like it completed my cosplay quite well.
In November, I went a bit crazy for these cabled headbands and made 7 of them! The pattern is the Knit 101 Headband from Toronto yarn shop, The Knit Cafe and they are total instant gratification. I can make one during a movie and every recipient, myself included, loves them. I deviated from the pattern a bit, as usual, by doing a crochet cast-on and a three needle bind-off. This pattern is perfect for introducing cables!
I also made a Hitchhiker which had been in my queue forever! I used Knit Picks Stroll Tonal in Blue Yonder, which had also been lurking in my stash for a long time. It's wrapped around my neck twice here but I think I prefer it looped once. I will most definitely be making this again!
On Thanksgiving Day, I made a baby sized Barley hat as a thank you for someone who translated a pattern for me. It was a very quick knit as I made it in the time it took to eat and talk after the meal! I used Knit Picks Brava in Rouge.
December saw some last minute gifts and was crazy with the amount of travel I had to do. That's also for another post! Part two of my crafting roundup, aka 2015, is coming soon!